SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

BLUE MONDAY (THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY)

"Don't you hate Monday", a co-worker grumbled as he walked by my corner.  I responded, "No, I am just glad that I am alive and working!"  If I am financially able, I would rather not working, especially in an office environment being surrounded by imcompetent, dishonest people and when you have no respect for those you report to.   I would rather spend my time traveling, doing volunteer work or just doing what I enjoy.  But since I need an income, I am trying to make the best of the situation.  At my current employment, things are much better compared to my previous workplace.  I am learning new skills and there is potential for growth within the organization.  So for now, I am happy where I am, considering the "stormy" journey that began last June (2011).  Be patient my readers, I promise I will share the details when the time is right. 
Blue Monday
No use in my going
Downtown to work today,
It's eight
I'm late -
And it's marked down that-a-way.
Saturday and Sunday's
Fun to sport around,
But no use denying -
Monday'll get you down.
That old blue Monday
Will surely get you down.  (Langston Hughes 1902-1967)
Until I win the Mega Million jackpot, I would no other option but keep working.  So I will try to make the best of it.  There is no use in whinning all the time.  If you hate Monday, try to think that only four more days and it will be weekend again!                                                                                                     

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails