SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, October 13, 2011

DON'T CRY FOR ME (TOTA, DON'T BE A WHINER)

I woke up with a backache and a stiff neck. I felt lousy all day. I went to a business meeting and could not wait for the discussion to be over. The frustration continued to build up because there were other matters that did not go right. I am sorry I could not share the details with you here.
How could these people live with themselves for doing something so unethical and immoral? I did not start the war and it was not a fair fight. The worst thing is those who looked the other way because they were not the one that was mistreated. I am reminded of the words spoken by Edmund Burke, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph over good is for good people to do nothing."

I started to feel sorry for myself. "It was not fair," I said. Then I realized what a whiner I was. I have so much blessings in my life. I have a strong support system from my family, friends, and even kindness from strangers. There is still so much good in this world. I should be thankful for what I have. I decided to visit a nearby rehab center. The residents gathered together for a prayer service on Friday afternoon. I helped the nurses bring the residents into the prayer room. After the service, I helped take the residents back to their rooms. Most of the residents were in wheelchairs and some have lost their mobility. I said to myself, "Well, TOTA, do you still feel sorry for yourself? You have so much to be thankful for. What is the matter with your self-pity, why me attitude? Just look around, there are people who are fighting illnesses and misfortune, what do you have to complain about?" So I kicked my "sorry a#@" and stopped being a whiner! I remember that God is great and Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails