SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, October 21, 2011

FRIDAY SKY - ST. LOUIS ZOO

After a sunny warm weekend, the temperature dropped into the mid-50s earlier in the week. In the evenings, when the Cardinals played game 1 and 2 of the World Series in St. Louis at Busch Stadium, you could tell the fans at the ballpark were cold! Later in the week when the Series moved to Texas, it was sunny and warm again. I don't understand why game 3, 4 and 5 would be at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas. I thought game 5 would be in St. Louis, then game 6 in Texas and game 7 back to St. Louis. Well, what do I know about baseball anyway?

I could not resist and started buying candies for Halloween. Normally I would not get the candies until a few days before the 31st. I had to hide the goodies from my husband so he won't get into the bags before the kids show up. I also had to get rid of the candies quickly before I start eating them. The stores put out the candies with big signs of discounts. So I got a few bags this week, way too early, but I could not resist when it was a good sales.


This week I only went to 8am Mass on Tuesday and Thursday. I love seeing the school kids when they helped with the readings, singing and bringing up the gifts. I especially love listening to the 2nd graders. Their sweet voice always makes me smile. I need to get back to attending Mass everyday. When the cold winter comes with the snow falling, it would be hard to get out of the warm bed, early in the morning. I am sure the Sisters of Mercy would love to tell the story of how they had to walk in feet of snow, without snow boots, just to be at Mass!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails