SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, October 31, 2009

I AM NOT A HALLOWEEN POOPER


For this Route 66 Saturday Series and still with a Halloween theme, I am posting the above photo taken from Bob's Gasoline Alley in Cuba, Missouri.
It is no secret to the faithful readers of this blog that I don't care much for Halloween. I do enjoy seeing kids dressing up in cute costumes but I am not really into decorating or going to a Halloween party. There are about a dozen kids in our neighborhood and the families walk together in groups, so the whole "Trick or Treat" lasts about an hour. My husband caught a cold earlier this week and still is in bed with running nose, a light fever and body ache. So it was up to me to be a cheerful host when the children stop by. The kids were excited when I put a handful of candies into their baskets/bags and the parents thank me for my generosity. The truth to be known that I just wanted to get the whole thing over quickly as it was kind of chilly standing in front of the house waiting for the kids to come by! Not wanting to be a Halloween Pooper, I am posting the photos below, a smiling pumpkin painted on a bale of hay and the giant eyeball scuplture - BOO from St. Louis!
American artist Tony Tasset created the giant eyeball sculpture. It is made of fiberglass, resin, oil paint and steel and on display at Laumeier Sculpture Park.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails