SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, March 17, 2013

NEVER TOO BUSY TO EAT THE CANTALOUPE

During a visit to NYC (I don't remember the exact year), my husband and I made an offer to my sister CH that we would help taking care of things in her apartment or whatever she was not physically able to do.  When we got to her place, CH already got a list of items that she would like to get done.  While my husband did the heavy lifting like moving the furniture, assembling a bookshelf, CH and I re-organized her closets and gathered items to give awayAfter we came back from dropping off the donation, we found CH sitting at her kitchen table eating cantaloupe.  We asked what else needed to be done.  CH responded while looking at the list, "I have a million things on this list."  We thought the comment was funny since a million things had to wait while CH was slowly eating her fruit.  "Well, I had to eat the cantaloupe before it goes bad", she said.  Since then, it has become an inside joke with us that whenever we talked about chores that needed to get done, we would say, "But first we have to finish eating the cantaloupe"!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails