SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, May 30, 2013

HOW DO YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART?

I woke up this morning, got out of bed, even though every ounce of what little energy I had in my body told me to just hide under the cover and stay there until the start of next hockey season!  My beloved Red Wings was eliminated last night in overtime of Game 7 against the Blackhawks.  My husband tried to comfort me saying that the Wings put up a good fight.  Well, that did not make my broken heart feel any better.
I bought flowers and a bag of potting soil yesterday.  I spent the morning planting flowers.  I washed the patio furniture.  I dusted and vacuumed the house, washed and put away two loads of clothes, as I tried to keep busy, but the tears would not stop flowing!!! 
 After the Wings eliminated the Ducks and advanced to Round 2 facing the Blackhawks, I thought the Wings might be swept since the Hawks is the #1 seed (and the Hawks also won all the games during regular season).  The Hawks won the 1st game but the Wings came back and won the next three games.  All the sudden, instead of the nightmare of the Wings being swept, I dreamed of watching "Da Captain" Zetterberg raised the cup, paraded around the ice as the 2013 Stanley Cup champion.    
Well, I never learned my lesson for putting too much hope into something as unpredictable as winning three hockey games in the best of 7 playoffs series.  The Hawks came back, forced Game 7 and eliminated the Wings, once and for all, shattered my short-lived dream.  It was a sunny, comfortable and beautiful day in St. Louis, but how do you mend a broken heart of this Red Wings fan?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails