SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, May 23, 2013

THURSDAY RAMBLINGS (WATCHING SQUIRREL IN MY BACKYARD)

Since I don't have to read hundred of pages of textbook or working on assignments, I have the luxury of doing nothing.  This morning, I spent time enjoying the wildlife in my backyard.  This squirrel looks like he is just a baby.  He is playing or exploring the flower box (I plan to get flowers this weekend), examing the angel planter, searching for something to eat.
After he got tired of playing in the flower box, he decided to climb up the little tree (top photo).  There is a bird nest in the tree.  I watched as the squirrel jumped off the tree, ran across the yard, being chased by a robin, yelling "Get off our tree, you freeloader squirrel".  I thought of going over to check on the nest and the baby robins (I saw three eggs in the nest a few weeks ago) but I decided to leave the task to the parents.  From the way the robin flapping her wings while cursing at the squirrel, I am sure she knew how to defend her home and protect her youngsters. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails