SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

CAPE COD MEMORIES

I began reading Cape Cod Memories when the blog was named Blog of Note in November 2008. CCM wrote in About Me - "A "city mouse" from a busy Boston suburb who is enjoying being a "country mouse" on Cape Cod."
CCM shares photos of Cape Cod (of course) and captions such as "In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer" by Albert Camus or a Japanese Proverb "One kind word can warm three winter months and other clever and funny comments.

When I finally got around to send a comment to CCM that I enjoyed reading her blog, she had turned off the comments. CCM wrote the reason she turned off the comments because "Most unfortunately, the quality of negative feedback far outweighted the quantity of positive feedback we received." My first reaction was, who and why would someone write negative comments? If you don't agree or don't care about a particular blog, then don't visit it. If you feel strongly about something, then send comments but be civilized and constructive. Or it could be that CCM got too many comments that were blatantly marketing ploys or junk at its worst. I just got one today, comment that was almost three pages long of nonsense rambling!

When I did not see any new posts from CCM since January 14th, I was a bit concern. I wanted to write a comment to CCM and hope that she is well and just too busy to update her blog. Of course, I could not because the comments were turned off. I was glad to see new posts from CCM last week.

My husband and I were much poorer when we got married. His brother had a timeshare condo and asked us where we would like to go for our honeymoon. I don't remember selecting Cape Cod, so it could be my husband who made that decision. Twenty years later I only remembered the lighthouse and the beautiful beaches in Cape Cod, then on to Martha's Vineyard with all the charming cottages, colorful Victorian homes with decorated fences and inviting gardens. It rained that afternoon so we probably did not walk around for long. We also went to Boston for a day with a stop at Cheers. After Cape Cod, we drove to New York for our 2nd luncheon reception hosted by my parents. The guests were mostly friends of my parents, my godparents MC and JC, my friend MW and her husband KL. My parents wanted to show off the son-in-law and to prove that I actually got married, not just ran off with a sailor from Pier 17!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails