SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 08, 2009

DISPLACED AMERICAN Ten Years in France and counting

Selecting the button "Next Blog" is like looking at all the books on the shelves at public libraries, so many interesting blogs from so many people, from so many places/countries far away, around the world. I don't know the exact reason that this blog "Displaced American" by Alisa came up when I hit the button "Next Blog". It could be because Alisa wrote about her family in St. Louis or I wrote in my blog that my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with trip to London and Paris. Whatever reasons, or whatever we have in common, I am very glad that I randomly found Alisa's blog. I enjoy reading about her interesting life in France and about being a good mother to her two adorable children, Benjamin and Noah. I wish I had Noah curly hair, I would save a lot of money not getting a perm every six months.

Alisa wrote that she is "an American who has been living in France on and off since 1996, and on a permanent basis since 1999. I married my French husband in 2000. I acquired dual nationality in 2004. Our first French-American son was born in Dec. 2005 and our second in March 2008." Both Benjamin and Noah are adorable little boys but of course like any kids, they misbehaved, got sick, "random screaming episodes at night - Noah", wiggly when given a haircut - Benjamin (I was exactly like Benjamin when I was a kid. My mother had to cut my hair at home because the people at the barbershop could not stand me and asked mother not to take me in their shop again as I caused so much trouble each time she tried to take me there for a haircut).


Talk about small world, in November 2008 when Alisa and her family came back to St. Louis for a visit, she wrote about visiting the Museum of Transportation on Barrett Station Road. My office is the next street from the Museum. We probably passed each other that day without making the connection.

When I first read Alisa's blog, I felt as if I invaded her personal space. I also did not want her to think that I was like some strangers who attach themselves to someone and made believe that they were long lost relatives. We probably would never meet in person or became buddies. I think it is nice to read blogs about other people and it is wonderful when lasting friendship developed. Some bloggers are very popular that they have thousand of followers. I don't think I would achieve such fame as my blog is boring and I write only for myself and about things not too many people find interesting.

I do appreciate the random chance to know about Alisa and her family. Twenty years from now when Benjamin and Noah became famous (Prime Minister of France or President of United States), I would be able to say that I knew them when they were children and that I was a faithful followers of Alisa's blog before she became rich and famous!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Oh, you are so funny! I don't think you're invading my personal space. :) I think it's pretty neat how we were so near you in November!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails