SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 01, 2009

BACKYARD BIRD NEST

We had two days of snow and freezing cold winter weather this past week. I took a vacation day on Tuesday as there was nothing so important that I had to risk going to work when the snow mixed with sleet made driving a bit unsafe. It was a long day on Wednesday from the time I got into the office at 7:15 a.m., then on to a training seminar at 9:30 a.m., back to the office at 12:15 p.m., attended a Board of Directors meeting from 6:00 p.m. that lasted until 10:30 p.m. and finally got home and into bed at 11:15 p.m.
The weekend was so much more exciting with a hockey game on Saturday when the Philadelphia Flyers visited St. Louis Blues and the Superbowl on Sunday. I already had a bet with the boys in the office which team would win and the final scores. As in the past, my predictions had not been accurate. Instead of talking about the Superbowl, (as both teams had kindly asked me not to jinx them) I decided to post these photos of the bird nest in my backyard. I often wonder what makes a bird decided to build a nest on such small tree (top photo). It was a pleasant surprise when I saw the nest exposed on the bare tree. I took photos of the snow covered nest to reflect the seasons.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails