SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 22, 2009

ROAD SIGNS

Would it be great if we have "life signs" like these so we would know not to make the wrong decisions such as accepting dead-end jobs or choosing careers that down the road would be "no outlet" after you already invested 10, 20 years of your life or walking down the church aisle toward the altar and seeing the sign "wrong way" before you said "I do" and made promises to the "wrong" person, "till death do us part"? I noticed that in the cities, all the "dead end" signs were replaced with "no outlet". Some streets only have small yellow signs "no outlet" above the green street signs. I guess people don't want to come home, turning into their street and see the sign "Dead End" everyday! Only the country still have the dead-end signs as the people who live in the country don't get excited over small stuff or not overly sensitive about a street sign like city folks do.

When we were looking for a home after moving to St. Louis in October 1994 from Michigan, we were informed that we had to be willing to pay more for homes that were in cul-de-sac. Homes that were backed to wooded area would cost a little more. But the realtors could not tell us if these wooded area would not be developed in a few years. We did not want to pay an extra 10K for the feature and down the road, looking at our neighbor's bathroom window instead of the trees.
I saw a sign that reads something like God gave us freewill and He allowed us to learn from our mistakes and that is the reason for U-turn. There are times in my life I pray for a sign from God to tell me what to do or whether the decision I was about to make is right or wrong. Then when things don't work out, I blamed God for not answering my prayers or sending me the wrong signal. Could it be that I only looked for signs that I wish to see and ignored those I did not like? Why is that when things are going well, we praised ourselves for being smart, passing batches of honors, calling each other "heros" and took credits for making miracles happen. Yet, when disasters take place, most of the time generated from our destructive hands, from the evils minds of certain group of individuals, or from our stubborn refusal to believe that we are just small particles in the universe that God created, suddenly we acknowledged God's existence (not that He needs our acknowledgment), blamed God for all the terrible things and asked why a merciful God would allow such horrible things happened.

Whenever I see the sign "Wrong Way", I always thought of the people for whatever reasons (drunken, old age or just careless) caused fatal accident by driving the wrong direction, did they not see the red sign with white letter clearly written "WRONG WAY"? Why is that the people who caused accidents only receive minor bruises and the driver/passengers in the other vehicles usually died? I saw on the news last night that a pick up truck driven by a drunken driver (probably just coming from Mardi Gras in Soulard) rammed into the back of a sedan, sending it into incoming traffic, killing instantly both the driver, 26 years old husband and his 24 years old wife and their 4 months unborn child. It is not simply an accident, it is murder and the drunken driver should be charged with such crime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails