SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, February 02, 2009

STILL WAITING FOR THE WINNING LOTTERY TICKET

Asians in general believe and carry on many traditions that mostly are considered supertitious. I am not against traditions that are of myths and fantasy which could be charming and entertaining. One of the beliefs I learned from my grandmother that peacocks are associated with good fortune. If a peacock came to your house, fortune would follow. Those who witnessed a peacock showing off his plumage, would expect fortune or something good coming. Last summer during a visit to the zoo, I took these photos of Mr. Peacock flaring out his colorful feathers, putting on a show to attract a nearby peahen. As of today, I am still waiting for good fortune or that winning lottery ticket. I wasted money on the weeky lottery but so far no jackpot.

After an unsuccessful attempt to get the lovely peahen to mate, Mr. Peacock walked away with his train of beautiful tail feathers but not attractive enough to get himself some luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails