SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, February 23, 2009

HEADLINE OF THE WEEK

I have been reading the Grand Haven Tribune online for over a year. I just want to keep up with what is happening there, not that it would matter to me or any changes would impact my life here in St. Louis. My husband and I have fond memories of living there, it was where we began our life together as husband and wife and the town is charming with its downtown, the boardwalk along the beach, the lighthouse and lot of snow in the winter!

I had a good chuckle when I saw the headline "Neighbors want cemetery expansion plans to die", how appropriate! I know exactly where the cemetery is and I could understand why the homeowners who live nearby would not want the expansion plans. According to the article, residents and council members dislike the idea of cutting down 82 trees and disruption of natural dune habitat. Also, the homeowners would not want to BBQ in their backyards and looking at the headstones. The chairman of the cemetery board explained that expansion plan was necessary because of the high demands of adjacent burial plots for families wishing to bury loved ones (who were already dead, of course) side by side.

I sure hope it will work out for the cemetery expansion plan and the residents so the issue could rest in peace!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails