SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, September 12, 2009

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The above art work was displayed on the wall of a building at the corner of Sterling Place and 6th Avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York.
I was emotionally touched when I saw this beautiful tribune on the side of a building at the corner of 86th Street and 23rd Avenue in Bath Beach, Brooklyn, New York. I was on my way to Sunday morning Mass at St. Mary's Church. As I was waiting to cross the street, I unexpectedly saw the painting which took up the entire wall. As I read the writing and looked closely, I could sense that the artist put his/her heart and soul into each stroke, each line and each letter. I feel priviledged to view such beautiful work that captured New York, the strength, the bravery of the people and the American spirit that would always rise above all.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails