SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, April 10, 2011

GO QAPTAIN GO!

Sunday, April 10th - Surprisingly, I was the first one to get up at 6:00 a.m. I am not a morning person and I hate to get up early. But when there was a purpose, I could easily be motivated to spring out of bed and ready for action. While I got ready, CP went thru the connecting doors to the next room to wake up QQ. We were at the starting line at 6:45 a.m.
After taken a few photos, we wished QQ good luck, stayed outside the fence since only runners would be allowed to get inside the corral.
Go Qaptain Go!
I really had a lot of fun holding up the sign waiting for QQ and cheering for other runners. It brought back fond memories when I used to run the women's mini-marathons (I still have the medals) and was a volunteer for many years with the New York Road Runners. One year I was assigned to be a marshal during the New York City Marathon. To this day, I wonder why anyone would assign me, a little short, not yet chubby, woman to be a marshal!
We decided to walk to the Old Cathedral by the Arch for an 8:00 a.m. Mass. After church, we walked back to the hotel and were getting ready to enjoy breakfast when QQ called to inform us that the Marathon was cut short due to the high temperature. We quickly walked from the hotel to the finish line. Go to www.qaptainqwerty.com for details of QQ disappointing outcome not able to achieve his goal of running a full marathon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails