SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

OH CANADA (THERE IS ONLY ONE STILL STANDING ON GUARD)

It rained all day on Monday following Easter. The rain continued on and off the next few days. Floodwater from the Meramec River has crept onto the roads. Major flooding is expected as forecast of more heavy raining. We don't live in the flood plain but my husband might have to take a different (longer and more traffic) route to get to work.
The 1st round of the Stanley Cup playoffs was completed with two nail-biting Game 7s between Vancouver Canucks v. Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers v. Buffalo Sabres. I was relieved and happy that the Canucks advanced to semifinals. I was disappointed that the Sabres were eliminated because I don't care for the Flyers!

These photos were taken in 2009, the last time the St. Louis Blues got into the playoffs. The Blues were swept by the Canucks.

Since Boston Bruins eliminated Montreal Canadiens, the Canucks are the only Canada team still fighting for a chance to bring Lord Stanley back to Canada.

Here are my after-thoughts about Round 1 - Of course, I am happy that my Red Wings had an easy series (but too much resting could be a bad thing). I am also pleased that Vancouver Canucks and Nashville Predators advanced to the next round.
I don't care for either San Jose Sharks nor Los Angeles Kings, but I would have prefered that the Red Wings play against the Kings. I was deeply disappointed that my American hometown team New York Rangers were eliminated by the Washington Capitals. I was surprised watching Tampa Bay Lightning won 1-0 in game 7 sending Pittsburgh Penguins packing with the only goal scored of the game.


Round 2 will begin on Thursday, April 28th. I won't be making any predictions but regular readers (or read my comments above) know which teams I will be cheering for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails