SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, April 15, 2011

QAPTAIN SKY

As I sat in my car in the parking lot at the airport, I called my Mom to let her that QQ has boarded and should be on his way back to NYC. I thought it was a quick phone call but Mom was in the mood to talk. I was glad to capture the airplane and the beautiful blue sky. Then I realized that there was a security vehicle from the airport kept circling around me and then stop at the next lane as if he was keeping an eye on me. It gave me a good feeling that the protection system was in place, monitoring possible actions by those who might try to cause harm. I decided to tell Mom we would talk more later. The security vehicle followed me from the distance until I finally exited the parking lot. (To that security personnel, thank you for being diligent in your job.)
Monday, April 11th - When we got to the airport, we found out that QQ's flight originally scheduled at 2:50 p.m. was delayed to 4:15 p.m. I was grateful for an extra hour of quality time with my little brother. I also thought I could have taken QQ to another library or we could have gone to the Central Park in Chesterfield. Later, the flight was moved up to 3:45 p.m.

As I watched QQ going thru security and when QQ turned around, waved at me before walking towards the gate, a sense of sadness came over and I shed a few tears! (That is right, TOTA the tough and "rough around the edges" hockey maniac, had turned into a mushy/softy cry baby.) How I wish St. Louis is only an hour drive to NYC so we could see each other more often!
Before going to the airport, I remembered to take a photo of QQ in front of my poor, humble but proud home!
Below - QQ at Queeny Park - We even had time to make a quick loop around Queeny Park. I am sure QQ would enjoy the walking trail and running paths at Queeny.

1 comment:

Salabencher said...

Great pictures of the Qaptain! We had fun visiting with him and his family when he was down here.

- LG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails