SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DA SISTAS IN N'AWLINS

Wednesday, May 11th - CP took the morning off to take "Da Sistas" to the airport to catch our flights. There was no direct flight so we had to get a connecting flight in Memphis (we just came back from there) and then on to New Orleans.

As the plane approach New Orleans, we could see the areas once were farmlands now completely under water. We arrived in New Orleans around 3:49 p.m. The taxi service was $33 flat rate from Louis Armstrong Airport to the hotel.

Our hotel was at the corner of Canal and Magazine. The floor to ceiling window in our room on the 23rd floor provided a great view of the river. After we got into the room, CH and I immediately got out the cameras and took these photos.

Later while CH attended a reception, I explored the area around the hotel. I found out that crossing Canal Street, I would be in the infamous French Quarter. It was getting dark and I did not wish to encounter any drunken fools. I decided to go back to the hotel.

CH told me that she checked with the conference people and learned that guests of the members were invited to the reception. There was so much food at each stations that we did not have to go out to dinner.
Tomorrow, CH planned to attend the seminars until around 2:30 p.m. That would leave me the whole morning/afternoon to explore the town. I could not wait to ride the streetcars.


I finally understood how exciting N'awlins could be. The town has a lot of history and plenty of interesting characters. One thing for sure, you would not find me in any of the wild videos during Mardi Gras parades!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails