SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, February 12, 2011

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY, MR. PRESIDENT

These photos were taken during our Route 66 Adventure in June 2010. It was a two-day road trip, from St. Louis to the beginning of Route 66 in Chicago with an overnight in Romeoville, Illinois. According to the calendar, Saturday, February 12th is President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. I thought these photos would go nicely with this entry. A (very belated) Happy Birthday, Mr. President!The temperature continued to get warmer, in the upper 40s. After breakfast, while my husband went to get his beloved Mustang washed (it had to be touch less, brushless, with the interior cleaning and vacuuming), I gave the house a good cleaning. (I don’t do windows, that is CP’s department).
After all the hard work, I decided to take a nap in the afternoon. I wanted to make sure that I have the energy to help out again at the dance (Felice Cuores), a monthly party for adults with mental challenge. I got to the hall at around 6:00 p.m. to help set up the tables and chairs. After that, I signed up to serve refreshment (soda, water and munchies). This time I came prepared with a can opener and did not break any nails – haa haa
Each guest was given a nametag with their first name and a registered number. I saw one guest had #156 on her tag. The place was crowded since this month’s theme was Valentine’s Day celebration. Many came dressed up in their formal attire and had a great time dancing. I could hardly keep up between the music when almost everyone needed a cold drink. I wore plastic glove to dig up the cans from the bottom yet my fingers were freezing! I came home around 9:15 p.m. - exhausted but thankful for the opportunity to be of service.
Benjamin was very happy (but speechless) when he got to meet the President!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails