SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 27, 2011

WINNERS AND LOSERS-2011 OSCARS

I am not against the Academy Awards. I did not watch the ceremony because I did not find the show interesting. When I see the headlines, "83rd Annual Academy Awards Winners", I wonder whether those who did not receive the awards considered themselves to be "Losers"!
These photos were taken in July 2010 when we spent a few hours driving around Los Angeles. Later, we cruised along the Pacific Coastal Highway (California State Route 1). My husband was in high heaven since it was on his bucket list to cruise along this famous highway in his cool car!
Just a few photos during our "drive-by shooting" because parking was at a premium and we had a long drive back to St. Louis.
I am sure those attended the Academy Awards would not be staying at this Hollywood Premier Motel. Maybe 20-30 years ago, some of them might have stayed there when they were struggling actors.
Sunday, February 27th - At around 11:15 p.m. we heard the siren went off. Tornado warning was issued for our area. From the basement, we could hear the heavy rain and strong wind. At around 11:45 p.m., the rain stopped and the wind subsided. We went back to bed when the warning was lifted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails