SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

TINKER BELL

Today, (Tuesday, Feb. 8th), I continued to feel iffy all day. At work my concentration was at all time low (not that it was ever high to begin with). I tried to do the work but my body (especially my brain) was not cooperating. As soon as the clock turned 5:00 p.m., I was more than ready to call it quit. Again, as soon as I got home, I went straight to bed without eating dinner. I don’t know if this freezing weather finally got to me.
Where I work, employees are entitled to 5 paid sick days per calendar year. There was one person in my department, in the last 10 years, consistently used up all 5 sick days each year. Except the time when I was hospitalized overnight due to blood clots (a result of inactivity from a broken left foot), I rarely had the need to use the sick days. Even though I am a salary employee and once a month working until 9:30 p.m. attending Board of Directors meetings or membership dinner meetings, I tried to make up the time (coming in early, staying late or taking work home) whenever I was off a few hours for doctor’s appointment. Back in 1979, I was sick for almost 2 months and almost died when we lived in the refugee camp, so you could say that I had my full share of being sick!
So, TOTA, what does this ice sculpture Tinker Bell have to do with you being sick? There is no connection. But if I was Tinker Bell and lived in Neverland, I would not be sick nor have to get a job. But then again, there would not be hockey nor football in Neverland and I would not have any real purpose in life!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails