SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, February 05, 2011

SMALL WINTER WONDER (OR A LARGE CHUNK OF SNOW HANGING FROM THE ROOF)

We had a about an inch of snow (again) this morning, (Saturday Feb. 5th). It was still snowing by 8:30 a.m. and I decided not to go to the Christian Women Seminar at Twin Oaks Church. The seminar was supposed to begin at 9:15 a.m. I turned on the laptop and good thing I checked my mail box because there was a message that the seminar was cancelled! I did not receive a phone message about the cancellation. Notification was sent by email only. The people that organized the seminar must have thought everyone would check their email regularly, especially on their phones.
The snow stopped falling around noon and then the sun came out. It was so nice looking out the kitchen windows seeing the sun shined brightly bouncing off the fresh white snow on the ground. Such beautiful winter scene!
These photos were taken on Wednesday, February 2nd when I finally got out of the cave after the storm was over! When I saw the large chunk of snow hanging from the front porch, I thought it was sort-of cute – it was almost like having my very own snow sculpture. I was glad that we put on a new roof in late 2009. It would not be good to have snow accumulation on an aging roof. It did not take long for this large chunk of snow to slide off onto the ground. I took the photos in the morning and by late afternoon it was gone.
We went shopping for steaks, jumbo shrimps and munchies for the party. I planned to make deviled eggs (after successful with boiling eggs, I thought I should advance to the next step and learned to make deviled eggs.) It should be an exciting Super Bowl game and I am so ready for it (especially when I collected the winning bet against Qaptain Qwerty and his buddy, the Lone Gunman).

1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

I think my Mount Qwerty is better than your Snow Blob. I know, I am sore loser. For your correct Super Bowl bet, we'll have a big salad, for two.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails