SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 06, 2011

LAST MAN STANDING

Here I am again – a few days late and a few thousand dollars short!
February 6th was Super Bowl Sunday and I was one of the 106.5 million viewers (I thought it would be higher than that – how could anyone not watch The Game?) glued to their television sets (had to be HD and no less than 46” screen). According to Fox Sports, SB XLV was the most watched TV event in U.S. history.
Of course, watching the game was just a (small) part of the excitement. It was an excuse for us to go off our diet, again! My husband and I have been going back (again!) to eating breakfast (CP with his delicious oatmeal and toast with no butter for me) a light lunch, and salad for dinner. (I am running out of creative ideas to make the salad more appealing!) On the weekends, we would treat ourselves to a hearty breakfast (cooking breakfast with TOTA) and a nice small portion dinner. We have a long way to go. So far we both reduced only 4% of the total body weight. One day at a time, one salad bowl for a chubby woman!
By now everyone knew that Qaptain Qwerty is a sore loser because he picked the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the SB. I thought the Steelers would win but I secretly picked the Green Bay Packers to win 24-21 (I predicted the game came down to a field goal). I am sure no one expected Big Ben to throw the interceptions. When the Steelers successfully got the 2-point conversion, I thought they would come back and win the game. I must say that the Packers put on a good show and they deserved to win. Congratulations Aaron Rodgers! Would you now put on your cheese head?
Since I don’t have any photos of the game (I am glad I was not one of the people who could not get into the seats that they paid good money for) and I did not want to use the same cheesy photos from the SB XL in 2006, so I thought this ice sculpture would go nicely with the theme, “Last man standing” or “Last penguin melting”. There could only be one winner and the Packers were the Champions.
OK, what about a few thousand dollars short? I got a new vehicle, a 2010 Mazda6. The dealership offered a good deal to make room for the 2011 models. I made a 15% down payment and financed the balance. After paying taxes, with only a few dollars left in the bank account, I have no choice but eating salad since we could only afford a bag of lettuce and maybe some baby carrots!

1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

I've been reading the book "Eat This Not That", borrowed from the library. Combined with a rigorous exercise schedule, I think it's a great tool. You don't have to deny yourself food you like, just don't indulge too much. Skipping breakfast is a no-no, according to the book. I like the book so much I may buy it and carry it with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails