SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, February 25, 2010

WALKING IN THE WINTER WONDERLAND

My very own "treasure hunt" of public sculptures started last year when more than 20 life-size sculptures by the American artist J. Seward Johnson were on displayed throughout the City of Chesterfield in anticipation for the permanent installation of the Awakening. I also began to search for all other sculptures listed in the website of Chesterfield Arts. I enjoyed the outdoor Laumeier Sculpture Park but only saw half of the displays. I plan to go back to the park to see all the other pieces. Since then I look for sculptures wherever I happen to be. The sculpture below of five children crossing the creek on a tree log is on display at the entrance to the park in Manchester. We spotted the next two sculptures in front of an office building on Olive Boulevard, about 1.5 miles from I-270. What also makes the treasure hunt so much fun is being able to share what I found with my adoring fans. And that makes me very happy :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails