SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, February 18, 2010

YOU ARE ALWAYS NEAR - IN MEMORY OF MY DAD

(Angels at St. Peter's Basilica.) Looking at the first photo, I thought it must be what the Gate to Heaven looks like with the angels ready to open the doors for those who were blessed to enter. Not sure what the angels in the bottom photo were doing, probably just playing and being happy (were there any sad angels?)I was in New York last April when my Mom had her operation. I came in the day before the surgery. The next morning, we (my sister, CH, brother, VL and I) went with Mom to the hospital. After all the paperwork and waiting for hours, Mom was taken into the operation room around 3:30 p.m. CH and I walked around the neighborhood of Memonnide Hospital to get a late lunch. Later, I suggested that CH and VL should go home and I would remain in the waiting area. Around 7:20 p.m. the surgeon came in and informed me that the operation went well and Mom was resting comfortably in her room. He suggested that I would see Mom in the morning. VL picked me up from the hospital and we got dinner from Tay Ho Vietnamese restaurant. It was almost 11:00 p.m. when I finally went to bed. I was exhausted but somehow could not fall asleep. As I was lying in bed, my eyes were wide open, the clock on the table showing 1:30 a.m., trying but unable to sleep, I became so frustrated and said outloud, "I need to get some rest so I could see Mom early tomorrow morning." Suddenly I felt a warm embrace as if I was being hugged. Then I saw my Dad, his face right next to me, smiling and I fell asleep instantly.
I woke up the next morning feeling rested as if I had a full night of sleep. Perhaps my mind played tricks on me since I was emotionally and physically tired being in the waiting room. Perhaps I was already sleeping and it was all a dream. Or it was because I wanted to believe that my Dad was still living and that he was always near. Just for that moment, I could feel my Dad's arms around me. It was so real, it really was real and my Dad was with me. Thanks for the hug, Dad, I love you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails