SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, February 07, 2010

WHO'S DAT?

I am so looking forward to a relaxing, yet exciting Superbowl Sunday. This week was another hectic week with work related functions on Tuesday evening and again Wednesday night which did not adjourn until 10:15 p.m. I was so tired that on Thursday evening I skipped the delicious salad dinner and went straight to bed. The snow started late afternoon on Friday but covered less than an inch on the ground. It was rather warm and sunny yesterday morning while I drove around taking care of a few errands. We also attended 4:00 p.m. Mass and today we plan to stay inside all day and just be comfortable. (I realize that we are really senior citizens when we started using the word "comfortable" a lot when deciding whether to go out or stay in and which activities we should be doing.)
One of the features I like most was when all the Quarterbacks of previous Superbowl championship teams were honored before the game started. I am not sure if every Quarterbacks were present or someone just holding the banners with their names. (On my "foolish" wish list I dreamed that I would hold the banner while standing next to Tom Brady. But I might be overwhelmed and fainted, let go of the pole and hit my beloved quarterback in the head!) My favorite is, of course, Tom Brady of the New England Patriots but my husband disagrees because his choice is Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals and former St. Louis Rams.
We were not invited to any Superbowl party. We prefer to be in our home, comfortable sofa, watching the game on our HD lcd television, eating, drinking, be merry in our pajamas! Enjoy your party everyone. I will be back after the game to let you know whether I won the office pool (Payouts - $100 end of 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarter; $200 end of GAME.)
These photos were from Superbowl XL capturing images of the Pittsburgh Steelers celebration. I already put $5 bet in the office pool. Someone said that if you make prediction of which team would win the Superbowl XLIV, it would be the Colts if you vote with your head (for an obvious reason that Peyton Manning and the Colts are a better team) or voting with your heart and praying that the Saints would win because the City of New Orleans needs the championship to make up for all the terrible things have happened. It just occurs to me that this game should be called the game of "Peyton v. Payton" - Peyton Manning (Colts quarterback) v. Sean Payton (Saints coach).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails